Student Academic Support

Home Bound Instruction

The purpose of the homebound/hospitalization program is to provide instruction while the student is physically or mentally incapable of participation in regular classroom activities. The student’s medical or psychological disability must be fully documented and verified by his/her attending physician or psychiatrist. For more information contact Greg Lyles;; 615-893-2313, Ext. 10019

Home School Instruction (TCA 49-6-30-50)

A “home school” is a school conducted or directed by a parent or parents or legal guardian or guardians for their own children. Registration requirements: Birth Certificate, Immunization Record, Proof of Residence, Valid Driver’s License, Copy of GED, High School Diploma, or College Degree. For more information contact Greg Lyles;; 615-893-2313, Ext. 10019

Church-Related Umbrella School or Accredited Online School

A parent may enroll the home school student or students in a church-related school, as defined in TCA49-50-801, and participate in that church-related school. You should contact your zoned school if you are considering this option.

TN Virtual Academy

Uses the K12 online curriculum to offer TN students in grades K-8 an innovative learning experience. With individualized learning approaches, TN Virtual Academy and K12 provide the tools kids need to succeed—in school and beyond. Murfreesboro City Director of Schools does not approve enrollment of its students beyond the cut-off date which is two weeks prior to our start date.


Individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence qualifies for services under this statue. Students who are considered homeless when they are: sharing the housing of others due to loss of housing or economic hardship; living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, or camp grounds due to the lack of alternative accommodations; living in emergency or transitional shelters or abandoned in hospitals; staying at a primary nighttime residence that is public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings; living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, sub-standard housing, bus or train stations, or migrants living in the conditions described above. Contact the social worker or school counselor at your zoned school for details concerning services you may be eligible to receive. The district McKinney-Vento Liaison; Raven Warren;;
615-893-2313, Ext. 10019