Registering for current school year? Call your zoned school.

It is best to use a computer for the online enrollment whenever possible instead of a mobile device.

Link for Online Registration Tutorial:

Registration for 2023-24

  • • Online Kindergarten registration for the 2023-2024 school year will be open April 3rd through April 30th.
  • • April 14th will be an In-Person assistance day in all the schools.
  • • April 14th we will have our Spanish and Arabic liaisons at Central Office for those who need assistance registering their students for school.
  • • June 10th through June 18th ALL registration will be closed for system maintenance. Online registration will reopen on June 19th.
  • • In-Person assistance for K-6 new students will be available June 21 and July 12 at Central Office.

Kindergarten Registration – Please see the information on the Kindergarten registration page.

New Student Registration – Please see the information on the New Student registration page.

Only a custodial parent or legal guardian may register the child. The custodial parent or legal guardian must show proof of guardianship by presenting a copy of custody papers or court order.

Any student entering the MCS school system for the first time must present the following items to their school:

  • • A birth certificate or officially acceptable evidence of date of birth at the time of registration.
  • • Tennessee Dept. of Health Certification of Immunization
  • • Proof of Physical within the last year
  • • Proof of Residency — Each year, parents are required to show one form for proof of residency, with name and current address on the document. If residing with another family, the primary homeowner must fill out a notarized Residency Affidavit; provide two proofs of residency under his/her name, and a photo I.D; however, proof of residence or guardianship may be requested at any time by the school administrator.
  • • Parent/guardian’s state or federal issued identification.
  • • Current proof of custody of the child if parent are divorced, separated or unmarried.

All forms must be submitted prior to the first day of school.

Where’s my Zone?

Click this link to see your zoned school for 2023-24.