Social Media Guidelines
Murfreesboro City Schools utilizes our website, Twitter, Facebook, Vimeo and Linked In to share important and timely information with our parents and the community.
MCS values open, two-way conversation. Our official pages on Facebook and Twitter provide forums for everyone to respectfully discuss topics related to education and to share and celebrate relevant news stories. They are also places where we will share tips, upcoming workshops and events, and other information.
While we want to engage in open conversation, we also ask that posts are respectful of our students and staff. Individuals who do not follow the guidelines will have their posts removed, and/or be blocked from the sites.
• Obscene, racial or disrespectful comments or posts will not be allowed.
• Comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization will not be permitted.
• You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
We reserve the right to delete comments that:
• are spam or advertising
• are clearly off-topic or disruptive
• advocate illegal activity
• promote particular services, products or political organizations
• infringe on copyrights or trademarks
• violate any MCS board policies
Social media is a great tool that allows people to connect, share and support each other by clicking a mouse or tapping a screen. But without appropriate guidelines and boundaries, it can be a tool that is used for meanness and even bullying. Our district’s Bullying Police (STU 53) includes instances of cyberbullying. But it takes all of us working together to help keep social media channels appropriate for children and teenagers.
The comments and posts expressed by followers on our social media pages do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or position of the MCS board or its employees.